Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last San Diego trip

In San Diego now at a coffee shop waiting to meet a guy to pick up a single side band antenna tuner.  Then I'm off to the airport to pick up my lovin companion, Connie.

Then tomorrow, we sail south.

I've gotta put in a plug here for the folks at Downwind Marine.  They helped me in many many ways.  I've bought thousands of dollars worth of goods there, gotten lots of great advice, and they've accepted deliveries of items I've ordered online.  They are truly there to help out cruisers, and they enjoy doing so.

We've been fortunate also to have some very knowledgeable sailors at the dock in Ensenada.  I've been able to pick their brains and figure out ways to get the refit done properly.

Yesterday and today we loaded diesel, gasoline, and water, so much so that I thought we'd see a difference in the waterline.  Not so. And we tried out the gennaker headsail.  Loved the sock for deploying and snuffing.  The new SSB is in, minus a tuner and everything seems ship shape and ready for an afternoon departure tomorrow.

Not Traveler, but Hal and Nina on SV Luna Sea leaving Cruisport last week
I suppose the next blog update will either be from LaPaz or San Jose del Cabo.  The trip down should take us about 11 days.  Wish us luck as we take off on our first multi-day ocean voyage!  Gee, I hope we like it.  What if we do all this work getting a boat and learning all this stuff only to find out we'd rather be farming?


1 comment:

  1. Prison service vans that travel 90 miles to take a prisoner 90 yards; paedophiles free to leer at children in the very parks where they have committed horrific crimes.

    Flights to Entebbe | Cheap Flights to Entebbe | Cheap Air Tickets to Entebbe

    ReplyDelete